Intrauterine devices, abbreviated as IUDs, have been growing more and more popular among American women over the last few years. Liletta is both highly effective and lasts for 3-5 years, making it an excellent option for those considering a long-lasting form of birth control!
Of course, before you run in to your OBGYN’s office to get this IUD, there are a few other key points that you should know about Liletta.
Liletta’s Biggest Advantages to Note
We have already discussed how successful Liletta is at preventing unwanted pregnancy for up to 5 years, but there are also a number of other great benefits to opting for this particular contraceptive, such as:
- It’s convenient: Women only need to have Florida Women’s Health insert their IUD once every 3-5 years to be 99% protected from unwanted pregnancy. No daily pills, and no daily maintenance!
- It’s discreet: Liletta is such a tiny device that neither you nor your partner will be able to feel it during intercourse. If the strings of the device are too long and become noticable, Poorti Riley, MD can shorten them to make each of you more comfortable during sex.
- It does not contain estrogen: Many women are unable to use estrogen releasing contraceptives, which makes Liletta an incredible alternative to consider.
- It’s safe to use while breastfeeding: Because Liletta releases a very low dose of progesterine rather than the female sex hormone estrogen, it has been approved for use once a women reaches 6 weeks postpartum.
- It’s good for women who have or have not given birth: Some IUDs are designed specifically for use by women who have had children. Liletta is small enough to be used by both of these demographics without significant discomfort during the insertion process.
- It can be removed at any time: If patients wish to go off of their birth control, they simply need to schedule an appointment at Florida Women’s Health to have Liletta removed. This is especially helpful for those who may want to start a family later on in life.
- It’s ideal for all ages: Whether you are a teen or mature adult, Liletta can offer the same level of effectiveness.
- It can make your period more manageable: Contraceptives of all types are known to ease the symptoms of a woman’s menstrual cycle. Balancing out a patient’s hormone levels can also help relieve other common side effects, like acne and weight gain.
If you have any further questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call (352) 369-5999 today!